Initially it seemed as though racing would be the natural decision for the team. Without any clear evidence to support not racing, other than some of the recorded data on engine failures related to temperature. Financially, there are more outcomes that warrant financial gain, while racing, than if the team doesnt race. Of course, if they were to race and fail, nearly all would be lost. Perhaps the team should do some personality testing in the near future. By determining some characteristics of the driver and the team, each member would be able to approach the decision with a different view. Not until we saw the information regarding victory's based on temperature did it become clear what the racing team should do.
That whole assignment was as straight forward as I initially thought. I thought that each group would give their opinion, then we would discuss it as a class and there would not be one right answer. Turns out I was wrong and after all the math and graphs there was one real answer.
ReplyDelete